[Seaside] component replacement

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:58:48 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kamil Kukura wrote:

> OK, I got it. I've built close to it a method called turnToPage: which
> is all of jumpToPage: except sending session the continueWithPage: aPage
> message. It works okay, but, could you explain what makes it different?.
> That is, what IASession>>continueWithPage: self root does? I didn't
> explore it so deep so I only guess it handles #aboutToView logic and
> other things.

No, the crucial line is this one: "currentContinuation value: page".  This
is basically a non-local return to IASession>>act: - it breaks out of the
session then displays.  That's why nothing after a jumpToPage: ever gets
called.  When you use callPage:, the current context is saved (with
callCC) before doing the jump, so it can be resumed later on.