[Seaside] SSVS version of seaside on top of a filed-in version?

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:04:21 -0800 (PST)

On 25 Mar 2002, Jake Donham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With an image into which I'd already filed seaside-0.92.cs, I loaded
> Seaside via SSVS. Would that cause problems? My server seems to run OK
> but I got some warnings about classes already existing during the
> update, which I proceeded through.

Well, I wouldn't recommend it, but my guess is that it will almost always
work.  Better would be to manually set your SSVS version first - if you
look at http://beta4.com/seaside/downloads/ChangeLog you'll see that 0.92
corresponds to an SSVS version of 65.  So you can do

(SSVS forModule: 'seaside') version: 65.
and then
(SSVS forModule: 'seaside') update

and you should be ok.

Better still would be to load from SSVS into a clean image, however.