[Seaside] Wierd totally fatal bug problem

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 12:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Hmm, well here's a funny thing.
>
> I reported a dead image that would
> a) blow away a Mac vm
> b) blow away an Acorn vm
> c) run on linux but not function as a webserver.
>
> Today I tried again on the linux box, first removing the SocketPlugin.so
> so that any suspect sockets couldn't do anything at all. I stopppd the
> seaside server and saved the image. Then I restored SocketPlugin, and
> restarted, then restarted seaside. No problem, it serves jsut fine.

Which version of the VM is this on?  There are some very recent socket
fixes from Lex in the SF CVS; Ian also has a version with a total
rewrite of aio on his site.  It would be interesting to see if either of
those showed the same problem.

BTW, Tim, is your web browser set not to cache anything?  From the logs
for /seaside/poweredby.png:

User Agent                                                     Hits
Mozilla/4.72 [en] (Compatible; RISC OS 4.02; Oregano 1.10)     3904

;-)
Avi