[Seaside] Tracking transactions/isolations/whatever

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 12:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Hmm, I guess that would work; I need to make a specific subclass of
> session anyway, I think. Would I be right in thinking that it might make
> it easier to 're-connect' a userif something goes horribly wrong (like
> a modem dying mid-test, whatever) and they need to re-login but want to
> carry on from where they left off?

Mmm, you're assuming the (cookie/url/whatever) session key has gotten
lost?  If not, then there's no prob - something like the AuthPageSession
might make them relogin, but it would still know where they had been.  For
something like a browser crash where it does get lost, you could store a
table of users->sessions, and redirect them to the appropiate session when
they log in.  I don't know how you decide to garbage collect these, unless
maybe you make that table use weak references and be subject to the usual
LRU pruning.