[Seaside] S-Exprs

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 11:32:55 -0700

Avi Bryant <avi@beta4.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> On Sun, 26 May 2002, Jim Benson wrote:

> > How do you translate:
> >
> > <h1>[question]</h1>
>
> (h1 '[question]') ... and yeah, there probably oughta be a shorthand for
> that, but that breaks the orthogonality of the Sexpr parser.  Thoughts?
How about (h1: [question]) ?

One thing I'd like to see attempted is a decent integration of
_whatever_ syntax is used with the normal tools (or some decent
alternative tools I suppose) for finding references. A major pain with
ComSwiki is the complete inability to meaningfully track down senders
and implementors, even with the swikibrowser.

For example, we can currently use incantations like
html
	^(html
		(iabatch sea:id list
				(ul
				etc
BUT iabatch is not going to be browsable any easy way. IABatch works ok
of course, so I would suggest making some attempt at insisting upon it.
Likewise some way to get at the bindings/messages/etc involved would be
nice. I'm fairly sure it could be done and in fact Stephen did something
of the sort for his swiki.net system.

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
"E=Mc^5...nahhh...E=Mc^4...nahh...E=Mc^3...ah, the hell with it."