[Seaside] where has Waldo been?

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu, 30 May 2002 18:04:02 -0700

Avi Bryant <avi@beta4.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> On Thu, 30 May 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > One of the minor irritations I've noticed thus far as a _user_ of my
> > seaside website is that I get no info about where I've already been. I
> > presume that this is an artifact of the dynamic urls being produced?
>
> You mean the way links turn purple or whatnot?  Funny, it hadn't even
> occured to me that that particular cue was missing.  But, yes, that's due
> to the dynamic urls.
>
> If the issue is knowing which questions have been visited, though, then
> surely there's some higher level way you can represent that (and would
> want to, anyway, I would think, rather than relying on the browser to
> color the links properly).  Put a little checkmark icon beside questions
> that have already been answered?
Yeah, that would work ok for this specific case. It's an interesting
problem though. Even though the urls are actually dynamic, it seems to
me that they ought to end up the same for the same destination.

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Fractured Idiom:- IDIOS AMIGOS - We're wild and crazy guys!