[Seaside] autorefresh

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:27:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Kamil Kukura wrote:

> I want to have page that after some time will reload itself. Something
> good for web chat. I tried in <head> same refreshing as it is in
> configuration manager:

> Works but creates new session everytime. I tried to put URL=<<reload>>
> but this didn't get expanded.

Right, it wouldn't get expanded inside attributes.
I hadn't thought of that particular consequence of changing the URL
format; URL=view didn't used to create a new session.

> However, in fact, I want to avoid using <meta> tag and have the
> refreshing be performed from server side. That is, to append headers to
> the response:
>
> Location: /seaside/.....
> Retry-After: 3

So the trick is to find the current URL?  This is untested, but something
like this should work, I think:

MyComponent>>printHtmlTo: context
  session response
	headerAt: 'Location'