[Seaside] [DVS] Future of DVS & team source management?

seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:06:36 -0800

Quoting David Farber <dfarber@numenor.com>:

> So I am wondering what your plan/vision for DVS is going forward.

Funny you should ask...

A number of DVS users have been here at Camp Smalltalk for the last week, and
we've been hacking out ideas (and a tiny bit of code) for a pure Squeak,
CVS-like versioning control system.  No idea how many cycles we'll have for this
once OOPSLA is over, but I would expect to be able to get something really
simple (commit/update/merge, no branching) out there in the next couple of weeks
anyway.

At that point we can make it more sophisticated as needed.

Avi