[Seaside] Lurking SessionObjects

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:05:34 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Hey Derek,
>
> instances of subclasses of WASessionObject are snapshotted on every page
> view so you can roll their state back when the user uses the back
> button, etc.  My guess is that your cache objects are holding on to
> these objects.

Just to clarify - each Application has a cache of Sessions; each Session
has a cache of Continuations; these continuations hold on to the
WASessionObjects they need.  Sessions and Continuations will both expire,
so although you will always have lots of these objects around, they won't
grow forever - old ones will disappear as new ones get created.

If you're seeing an image keep growing and growing in size forever, then
that's a problem, of course.  Otherwise you should trust them to clean
themselves up.