[Seaside] Lurking SessionObjects

Derek Brans seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:41:40 -0800

Thanks for your responses Julian and Avi.

  I have tried a couple things to get rid of the extra continuations and
SessionObjects and stuff.
1. I went to each WAApplication and emptied the session cache.
2. I emptied (WAApplication applications) and then initialized all
subinstances of WAComponent.

I had hoped that the first action would get rid of all sessions in
memory.
The second action was my interpretation of Julian's advice to delete all
applications and reinitialize them.
Neither had any effect on the number of subinstances of SessionObjects,
Sessions, Continuations or WAApplications.

I am yet new to Smalltalk and Seaside.  I don't understand what pointers
are keeping the WAApplications and WASessions in memory.  Are there any
tools in Smalltalk for analyzing these things?  What about tools to
analyze what is eating memory?

Thanks,
Derek