[Seaside] Seaside 2.0.4 from squeakmap

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:04:09 -0800

Markus Fritsche <Fritsche.Markus@gmx.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
> > The url needs to be http://localhost:8080/seaside/config/
>
> Mea culpa. Is it possible to let the browser reload
> http://localhost:8080/seaside/config/ when http://localhost:8080/ had
> been requested?
I asked about this a looong time ago when I first started playing with
seaside (back in the days of 0.9-something, when men were men and
computers had to be programmed with patchleads, oh yes, let me tell
you.. ) and it's actually nothing to do with seaside per se. One needs
to look at the Comanche basic serving code to see that it does something
along the lines of looking for a default application and fails to find
one. It would not be too difficult to install seaside as the default,
but as was pointed out when I asked about it, doing it automatically
might be a bit rude to any previously installed default. Not that I've
ever seen one.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Strange OpCodes: CPM: Change Programmer's Mind