[Seaside] repeated page weird problem (or bug?)

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 10:46:32AM -0700, Avi Bryant wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Ragnar Hojland Espinosa wrote:
> >
> > > A page of people.  If you open a couple of viewPerson links before the page
> > > has started to render on the browser, even with url changing, the contents
> > > are the same.
> >
> > Are you saying that there is different behavior for the same link
> > depending on whether or not the page has fully rendered when you click it?
>
> Exactly.  If you open two links and the page hasn't started loading on the
> browser (or maybe isnt fully rendered), when they come up both have the same.

Can you explain to me exactly what the series of steps is, ie, is it

- open page with list of names
- while that page is loading, click on two names and open in separate
windows
- both those windows show the same person (the first one you clicked or
the second?)

One thing you should know is that Seaside doesn't let you have two
concurrent requests for the same session - if a new request comes before
the previous one has finished, it waits for the first request before
proceeding.  There's a 5 second timeout, so if the earlier request is
taking too long it gets canceled and the new one goes through.

I don't really see how that could be producing what you describe, though.