[Seaside] Seaside hosting questions - multiple sites, uploading squeak images and cgi

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Derek Brans wrote:

> Hi y'all,
>
> Is it possible to allow multiple people to host their own seaside
> applications with their own images?   Can that be done in a secure way?
> Can people upload their squeak images to the server and have them come
> to life?

This would certainly all be possible, although I don't know of any hosting
providers actively supporting Squeak.

If anyone is interested, however, I could likely arrange something.  Email
me privately and we can work something out.  Cees de Groot could probably
help you as well.

> Also, is there a cgi version of squeak?

Squeak isn't a very good fit with CGI - better would be GNU Smalltalk or
Ruby, which have much lower startup time and process overhead.  Squeak
makes more sense for long running application servers (closer to the Java
Servlet model than to CGI).

Avi