[Seaside] I want to help!

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Derek Brans wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to help with implementing seaside.  I'm a beginning smalltalker.
> Is there a list of things to do or wish list (maybe with some
> "difficulty" ratings)?

Here's my wish list:

1) Documentation, especially of the new (Borges based) code.  I'll
probably try my hand at some new tutorials in the coming weeks, but if
anyone else wants to chip in, great.
2) A library of useful components.  This probably isn't something that's
going to come out of a concerted effort, but rather from people cleaning
up and contributing stuff they develop for their applications.  For now, a
wiki page will probably suffice to collect these.

> Also, can someone explain the best way to submit code?  Checkout code?
> Update code?

There's a "seaside" project on sourceforge; the latest code can always be
checked out of CVS.  Code should be contributed as changesets posted to
the list.

> Do we want a website to facilitate collaboration and documentation?  I
> would like to see that happen, and I have free time to contribute.  Just
> need a bit of direction.

The wiki is a good starting point for this.

Cheers,
Avi