[Seaside] [Q] Rendering and components...

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Apr 1 00:28:40 CEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Brian Brown wrote:

> html anchorWithAction: [self mainContent: action.] text: displayName.
>
> Where mainContent: is a method on the calling component... so self doesn't work;
> and both action and displayName are instance variables... action being something
> like #InfoPage so the mainContent would set the component it should render to
> InfoPage

Right.  So if you were passing in the target as I described, this would
stay the same except it would be "target mainContent: action" instead of
self.

Why are you using a symbol (#InfoPage) instead of just referencing the
class directly?

> > bar := MenuBar new target: mainPage.
>
> What would mainPage be in the above line? If my class is MainPage, then I would
> want the target to be the instance for this session, right?

Correct.  If you're creating the MenuBar from the MainPage, that'll
just be self.

Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Avi