[Seaside] [Q] table elements in loops?

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Apr 8 00:35:50 CEST 2003

Brian Brown wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 05:01 pm, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>
>>Brian Brown wrote:
>>
>>>Hiya,
>>>
>>> With the following code:
>>>
>>>	html table: [
>>>		items do: [:each |
>>>			html tableRowWith: [html render: each].
>>>		].
>>>	].
>>>
>>>The ending tr tags all show up together at the end of the table, and the
>>
>>I have quite a bit of code similar to that (Seaside 2.3b), and I've
>>never noticed any problem.
>>

> ... and I hadn't either... this started once I started using images in my
> content within tables...

I bet this is related to the other message you posted about image tags
in anchors.

The problem seems to be that #tag:do: calls "self close" which closes
the top tag on the stack, no matter what it is.  We used to have a
#close: method that closed everything up to the first tag with the given
name.  Perhaps we need to add that back in?

Avi, can you fix this?  I'm not sure whether we're supposed to be
exclusively committing to the MC version now or if you're keeping them
in synch or what - and I haven't built an MC image yet.

Also, Brian, on a side note, you may not be aware, but you should avoid
starting new threads by replying to old ones.  This causes your mail
client to include a References: header and people who use threaded mail
clients see your new message as a reply several levels deep in the
middle of another conversation :)

Cheers,

Julian

julian at beta4.com