[Seaside] [FIX] SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Tue Apr 8 12:54:38 CEST 2003

Stephen Pair <stephen at pairhome.net> wrote:
> Does this fix work with earlier versions of Seaside as well?

> >"Change Set:		SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3
> >Date:			8 April 2003
> >Author:			Frank Sergeant
> >
> >This updates WAKomNG in SeasideService package to work with Seaside 2.3.
> > Note, this probably should not be applied if you are using an earlier
> >version of Seaside.  I copied WAKom>>process: to
> >WAKomNG>>processHttpRequest:"!

I think it does not.  It looks like Seaside 2.3, WAKom>>request: uses
the WARegistry instance to handle the request, i.e.

	response _ WARegistry default handleRequest: request.

while in Seaside 2.2, WAKom>>request: used the WAApplication class to
handle the request, i.e.

	response _ WAApplication handleRequest: request.

I gathered you changed the name of the process message in ComancheNG to
#processHttpRequest: rather than #process and that you were basically
tracking Avi's WAKom>>process: with your WAKomNG>>processHttpRequest:,
so all I did was move the method body from Avi's WAKom>>process: to your
WAKomNG>>processHttpRequest: .

Is there a better way of keeping these in sync?

If not, so be it; I am *delighted* to have you refactoring and improving
Comanche and to have Avi and Julian refactoring and improving Seaside.
The occasional resync is a small price to pay.

-- Frank