[Seaside] More 2.3 questions related to modules (sections)

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Tue Apr 8 21:21:31 CEST 2003

Is there support in 2.3 for cookie-based session id's ?

I'm trying to implement modules (sections) again in 2.3.  The approach I used in 2.2 was that when it came time to lookup the continuation for an action key, if the key was absent the session would say "self start" in order to recreate the root controller.

I've overriden session>>performRequest to do that.  I've inserted a self halt in this same method.  However, if I delete the action key from the url in my browser and fetch that url, the page shows itself as expired (performRequest was never called).  I'm baffled how that happened.

Any ideas?

here is my code for performRequest:

performRequest: aRequest
 lastAccess _ Time totalSeconds.
 path _ aRequest path.
 self halt. <<< is never called when action key is absent.
 aRequest actionKey = '' ifTrue: [self start].
 (continuations at: aRequest actionKey ifAbsent: [[:r | self unknownRequest: r]])
  value: aRequest

Thanks,
Derek

Derek Brans