[Seaside] [FIX] SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Wed Apr 9 01:08:37 CEST 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Stephen Pair wrote:
>

>>I could even support that directly in the interface...for example:
>>
>>PluggableHttpService new
>>    onRequestDispatch: #processKomRequest: to: WARegistry;
>>    startOn: 8080 named: 'My Seaside Service'
>>
>>I think that having this pluggability would be really nice for allowing
>>packages (such as Seaside) to provide a Comanche interface without
>>having a load dependency on Comanche.
>>

>Looks good to me.
>
>Avi

I seem to recall that Seaside used to have a method called
#threadSafeValue: added to BlockContext.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Anyway, if
one wanted to use a block with a pluggable http service, then I'll need
to use some sort of mechanism like this.  To allow multple invocations
of the block, I think I'll need to do something like:

----
BlockContext>>threadSafeValue: arg

    ^self copy fixTemps value: arg
----

Why was that message dropped from Seaside?

- Stephen