[Seaside] More 2.3 questions related to modules (sections)

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Tue Apr 8 22:52:56 CEST 2003

> Derek, can you explain what it is you're actually trying to achieve?  It's
> hard for me to figure out exactly what you're talking about without that.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.  This is something I brought up a few months ago.
In Seaside 2.2 I have code to host multiple domains in one squeak image.  A
domain, someDomain.com,  has a collection of users (with capabilities,
though not as sophisticated) and a collection of applications (modules),
each with their own data (eg. theatreInVancouver.com has a calendar module
and a ticket-selling module ).  Users can go between modules and static
pages and the site will recognize them again whenever they return to a
seaside page.

urls look like this: 127.0.0.1:8001/seaside/somedomain.com/someModule/59403
These are mapped back to http://somedomain.com/someModule/59403 using
mod_proxy

If the action key is absent, my WASession subclass reads the module name and
loads the appropriate entryPoint.

Hence, I don't want an absent action key to result in an expired page.
Hence my overriding performRequest.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks!
Derek