[Seaside] [FIX] SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Wed Apr 9 15:23:09 CEST 2003

Derek Brans wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> Are you planning to do a XML-RPC ServerNG?

No plans at the moment, but it's definitely something I'm interested
in...in fact, it would be interesting to use some of the Seaside
framework for handling XML-RPC interections (Seaside's component model
could be leveraged to provide stateful session based RPC interactions
and as I've found, it's pretty straightforward to use Seaside to
implement capability based security).  It would be nice to use the same
framework to provide both end user and system interfaces to an application.

I have a couple of questions...doesn't SoapOpera give you this
capability already (I think it was recently modified to work with
ComancheNG).  Isn't SOAP just a newer revision of XML-RPC?  What are the
differences?  I haven't played with any of the Smalltalk Web Services
implementations yet.  Does anyone here have opinions about SoapOpera
and/or Spray (the Dolphin Web Services implementation)?

- Stephen