[Seaside] [FIX] SeasideServiceSyncToSeaside2.3

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Fri Apr 11 00:23:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I have a couple of questions...doesn't SoapOpera give you this
> capability already (I think it was recently modified to work with
> ComancheNG).  Isn't SOAP just a newer revision of XML-RPC?  What are the
> differences?  I haven't played with any of the Smalltalk Web Services
> implementations yet.  Does anyone here have opinions about SoapOpera
> and/or Spray (the Dolphin Web Services implementation)?

Maybe I'm not following the thread, but SoapCoreNG does run on
ComancheNG now. Actually, it's not so complicated as others think,
because it does not implement all of the SOAP specifications.

I hate the SOAP 1.2 bloated specification.
But my SOAP implementation is based on good old 1.1. It was very
simple.

SoapCore is available on SM. The installation is one minute.
The testing server is available at:

http://swikis.ddo.jp/umejava/4

So why don't you run by yourself and evaluate it?

---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]