[Seaside] [Q] Running headless (squeak, not me)

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Apr 10 11:06:45 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 04:37 pm, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> What do you mean by "it doesn't" ?
>
> Does it crash?  Not accept connections?  Display applicaiton not found?

More info and some observations:

I successfully built the FreeBSD Squeak VM and installed it. When I ran the
image I had uploaded and been playing with, the GUI locked up almost
immediately, and I wound up killing the process. No SqueakDebug log was
produces, nor did I get the emergency evaluator.

Next I tgz'd the image and changes file from my powerbook and scp'd that up to
the FreeBSD box. I extracted the image and changes file in the appropriate
directory and ran: squeak -headless ./seaside.image &

Then I telnetted to the port (9090) and it connected. It is happily running
now. So... could I have issues with corrupted image files? Since no log was
produced I don't know where to look or how...

Also, is it okay to 'kill' a headless image and expect it to be okay when you
restart it? (not -9, but a normal kill signal).

Brian