[Seaside] WATree itemStack returning nil

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon Apr 28 07:37:42 CEST 2003

Nevin also wrote:

> I've put in BBSession>>handleError: to email me a stack trace, and
> then just redirect to the home page.  I'll see what email messages I
> get now :-)
>
> Nevin

I'm starting to think (again) it really *is* a WATree problem.  I'm
getting about one email message a day.  They always have the same basic
stack trace (different 'anItem' values for WATree>>select:, not just
'#321-Girls Clothes', to reflect the specific item category of the
WATree the user selected).  I haven't been playing with the item
categories for awhile, and I still get about one error a day.

Based on the page that has the WATree, this represents about 1% of the
WATree accesses generating the error.  Here is the stack trace (this is
in html, so hopefully your email reader reads html).

I might have to dig in and figure out how your WATree (and associated
classes) really work, so I can debug this thing.

Nevin

  MessageNotUnderstood: includes:

    * UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:

          self nil
          aMessage a Message with selector: #includes: and arguments:
          #(#321-Girls Clothe...etc...

    * WATree>>select:

          self a WATree
          anItem #321-Girls Clothes

    * [] in WATree>>renderContentOn:

          self a WATree
          html a WAHtmlRenderer
          item #21-Baby Boutique
          child #321-Girls Clothes

    * WACallbackStore>>processRequest:

          self a WACallbackStore
          aRequest a WARequest
          assoc '12'->''

    * WAHtmlRenderer>>renderResponse:

          self a WAHtmlRenderer
          aBlock [] in WAFrame(WAComponent)>>respond
          req a WARequest
          url nil

    * WAFrame(WAComponent)>>respond

          self a WAFrame
          renderer nil

    * WAFrame(WAComponent)>>start

          self a WAFrame

    * BBIndex class(WAComponent class)>>start

          self BBIndex

    * [] in BBSession(WASession)>>start

          self a BBSession

    * BlockContext>>on:do:

          self [] in BBSession(WASession)>>start
          exception Error
          handlerAction [] in BBSession(WASession)>>do:
          handlerActive false

    * [] in BBSession(WASession)>>do:

          self a BBSession
          aBlock [] in BBSession(WASession)>>start
          e nil
          n a WACurrentSessionNotification

    * BlockContext>>on:do:

          self [] in BBSession(WASession)>>do:
          exception WACurrentSessionNotification
          handlerAction [] in BBSession(WASession)>>do:
          handlerActive true

    * BBSession(WASession)>>do:

          self a BBSession
          aBlock [] in BBSession(WASession)>>start
          e nil
          n a WACurrentSessionNotification

    * BBSession(WASession)>>start

          self a BBSession

    * BBSession(WASession)>>performRequest:

          self a BBSession
          aRequest a WARequest
          continuation nil

    * [] in BBSession(WASession)>>responseForRequest:

          self a BBSession
          aRequest a WARequest
          cc a Continuation

    * Continuation class>>currentDo:

          self Continuation
          aBlock [] in BBSession(WASession)>>responseForRequest:

    * BBSession(WASession)>>responseForRequest:

          self a BBSession
          aRequest a WARequest
          cc a Continuation

    * [] in BBSession(WASession)>>handleRequest:

          self a BBSession
          aRequest a WARequest

    * [] in WAProcessMonitor>>do:

          self a WAProcessMonitor
          aBlock [] in BBSession(WASession)>>handleRequest:
          value a WAResponse

    * [] in BlockContext>>newProcess

          self [] in WAProcessMonitor>>do: