[Seaside] WATree itemStack returning nil

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Mon Apr 28 23:00:01 CEST 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>

>>With 2.3a, pages would occasionally not load/refresh properly.  The
>>browser window would be completely blank, and I would have to manually
>>hit the browser "Refresh" button to see the page.
>>
>>And, I've never seen that problem with 2.2.
>>

>Ok, I thought that was it.  I've now managed to reproduce that, but only
>on OS X, and only using Safari - not, for example, using ab (apache bench)
>to throw hundreds of concurrent connections at it.  All I've noticed so
>far is that the requests with blank responses don't even make it to
>Comanche - somehow the connection gets dropped by Squeak very early on.
>How this would be connected in any way to the version of Seaside, Seaside
>vs. other Comanche modules, and so on, I don't yet know...
>
>Avi

OSX/Safari as the client (only)?  Or is Squeak running on OSX too?

If you remember, I wasn't the only one to encounter the load/refresh
problem.  But, it sounds like VM differences just might be accounting
for the result differences.

Perhaps I need to look and see what the latest Linux/86 VM is now.

Nevin