[Seaside] New Gardner version

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Aug 2 18:02:08 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 16:08, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> I just want to let you know that I've also worked with SIXX as a
> storage mechanism in the beginning. The library is quite stable and
> very easy to use, but storage and loading becomes very slow when the
> wiki reaches a certain size: I think this is basically due to the
> verbosity of XML, that produces very big files when saving lots of wiki
> parse-trees.

Daniel had mostly the same with SmartRefStreams - it probably has to do
with the history that's being serialized all the time. Therefore he had
the idea of keeping editions in separate files, which should keep each
file (and each serialize/deserialize operation) small.

OBTW: latest version I published in my Monticello directory has a tool
to convert a Swiki wiki. The history isn't converted (yet), nor are
images, but I just succesfully converted one of the two swiki's I want
to move over this weekend, so I stopped when it worked ;-).