[Seaside] Session termination

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Aug 3 13:26:56 CEST 2003

Derek Brans wrote:
[...]
> I think the proper thing to do would be to add a call to some cleanup method
> on WASession after the registry unregisters the session.

Sure, we could do that, I suppose.  Keep in mind though that in many
setups, sessions may remain in the cache for long periods of time.  Some
systems may even choose to write old sessions out to disk so they can be
reloaded at any point in the future.  It would be much safer to have a
database connection pool that could deal with closing long-unused
connections and handing out new ones if the session comes back to life, etc.

Julian