[Seaside] New Gardner version

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Aug 5 01:41:48 CEST 2003

Benjamin Pollack wrote:

[details of infinite redirection snipped]

> On the same
> note, though, why is Seaside creating new sessions for every
> WARedirectResponse in the first place? Is that a flaw with Seaside, or
> with the framework, or is there a good reason for spawning new sessions
> on redirects? The session will of course time out after ten minutes, but
> I don't understand why you need to generate a new session that way. It
> has the potential to waste a lot of memory on a heavily used site.

I don't think Seaside's creating a new session on every redirect - It's
just that http://www.tric.nl/tric/tric (which is what Safari is using as
the URL it seems) looks like a request to create a new session (because
there's no session information in it).

Seaside has no way of knowing that that wasn't the URL you really wanted
and that you don't actually want a new session.

We should look at the code that generates the URLs though and see if we
need to be escaping them somewhere before they're output (or if that
should be in Comanche or something).  I'll try to find time to look at
that tomorrow, otherwise I'd guess Avi will have a look when he's back
in town later this week (off to bed now *yawn*)

Julian