[Seaside] Seaside Login and so on

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Tue Aug 5 20:19:29 CEST 2003

Hi all!
    I am developing a small apllication using seaside: I love it!!
I am a newbie to seaside but I know SmallTalk  well.

I have started to authenticate my users using the same idea used in the
seaside admin "webapp".
I have defined a
    MySession>>authenticateUser:password:
and it is fine.
I have also a CalledWAComponent which is called form the main webapp.

But now I'd like to implement the classical login/logout process found
on a lot of site.
I'd like to show a login/password box as the first page.
It is trivial to do it with a special  WAComponent subclass but...how
can I guarantee nobody can invoke directly my CalledWAComponent and
bypassing the password?

Must I check the session in EVERY CalledWAComponent? This is a bit boring :)

Can you give me some ideas?
Thank you!

--
  [   [  [ JJ ]  ]   ]  | First, they ignore you. Then they laugh
http://www.siforge.org  |          Mahatma Ghandi