[Seaside] New Gardner version

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Aug 5 20:31:49 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 02:26, Benjamin Pollack wrote:
> (This problem does not surface with Mozilla, but that is because
> Mozilla is forgiving, not because Safari is implementing incorrect
> behavior.)

Well, both the site and Safari are wrong, of course. The site is not
precise in what it generates, Safari is not liberal in what it accepts.

> Over a T1, Seaside seems to be able to crank
> these sessions out really fast, and it took me a moment to figure out
> why Safari was appearing to reload the same page about ten times per
> second before I could process what the problem was and stop it.

Cool, stress testing! ;-). In fact, this is (still) running on my home
machine with 768k down/128k uplink. I'm planning to move it over to a
virtual Linux box (another case of 'dogfood mode') at the end of the
month.

Thanks for bringing this up. If Avi&company haven't fixed this by the
end of my vacation (10 days), I'll patch it myself ;-)

Regards,

Cees