[Seaside] Seaside Login and so on

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Aug 5 17:24:15 CEST 2003

I've been using a subclass of WATask as my app entry point; so in MyWATask>>go I
have something like:

   self hasLoggedIn ifFalse: [
              self session client: (self call: MyLoginComponent new)].

The MyLoginComponent has the renderContentOn: that displays the login and
password prompt, as well as checks the validity of the entered data.

be the interface for my application.

WATask is a wonderful thing ;) - everything in the WATask>>go method is
processed as a big loop, which in this has the effect of not letting someone go
on to the main web app without valid login information. As soon as their session
expires, they will automattically be sent back to the WATask component entry
point, so you site will always be protected from invalid logins.

I hope that makes sense...

Brian