[Seaside] Seaside Login and so on

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Aug 5 22:13:38 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 20:34 America/Denver, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 04:34  PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>>>
>>> I was confused by what you were saying until you made the comment
>>> that #go loops, which I had forgotten.  I found that behaviour
>>> pretty surprising and Avi said it does it "because he couldn't think
>>> of anything better to do".  I personally think that if there is
>>> somewhere to return to, the end of a #go method should trigger an
>>> implicit #answer call.
>> It does.
>
> Excellent! :)
>
>>>   In the case where a task is your entry point, I guess you can make
>>> an argument for making the method loop, but I find the behaviour
>>> kind of non-intuitive.
>> Well, this is where the "nothing better to do" comes in.  The choices
>> seem to be to either loop or show a blank page...
>
> I'd personally lean slightly towards the latter since it's consistent
> and wouldn't lead someone to believe that looping would happen in
> other cases.  I don't care that much, but it feels a bit like some
> kind of overflow bug the way it is now :)

Well, obviously my opinion is that I like it a lot ;-)

I'm using the looping notion in a couple of different areas on
particular site, and chaining WATasks together... This is something
that I've previously implemented in ASP, and seaside is making the task
trivial, where before it was a nightmare...

that's my 2 cents.