[Seaside] page expiry message

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Tue Aug 5 21:38:09 CEST 2003

Right now when a user sits on a page for a few hours, of course the
session will (typically) expire (depending on the Seaside settings for
page expiry, of course).  Then when they try to do something on that
expired page-- anything that causes the expired page to be submitted--
the app will ignore the submit of the expired page and just throw them
back to the app entry point page.

What I would actually prefer in this case is if the app instead first
put up a page that gave a message something like:

   Your session has expired.  You will be automatically redirected in 3
seconds...

Then after the time has expired, it should do what it does now.

I believe this behavior would be more typical of how users expect web
apps to behave.

How would one go about implementing this behavior?

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby