[Seaside] Posting to a Seaside app

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Aug 6 19:02:14 CEST 2003

Back in mid June, Derek started a thread titled "[Seaside] Interaction
with non-Seaside site".  In that thread, Derek asked about how to have a
non-Seaside app be able to post data to a Seaside app.  Specifically, he
needed Verisign's server to post to his server, and he wanted his
Seaside app to be able to pick up the posted data.

Anyway, I later responded with a server-to-server approach that doesn't
require Verisign to post data back to his server.  And, it is an
approach that is working fine for me.

However, now I have another need for the ability of a non-Seaside app to
post data to my Seaside app.  Specifically, I want to create an html
"Checkout" button that I can include on eBay auctions.  When clicked, it
will take the user to my own website, and automatically have the item
(and it's price) in their shopping cart.  They then proceed to checkout
in the normal fashion direclty on the site.

This is the same functionality as how the PayPal "Checkout" button works
on most auctions.  The difference is: instead of posting data to PayPal,
it posts it to my site, and my site processes the credit card charge.

So, does anybody have any experience in how to have a non-Seaside
external page post data into a Seaside app?

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby