[Seaside] aRenderer imageWithForm: error

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Aug 7 11:23:27 CEST 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 tblanchard at mac.com wrote:

> Thanks - I've updated and now it works - sort of.  There's a lot of
> degradation in the served image.

The degradation comes from comanche's #asWebImage, which seems to use an
8bit GIF.  You can modify that code directly to do something more useful
(convert the form to JPEG instead?).  You can also look at
Form>>asMIMEDocument, I think, which is what calls #asWebImage.

It would be nice to have some more general framework for dealing with
images, so that you could choose what kind of output you want, not have to
reencode things like JPEGs that you read from disk, etc.  I know Brian
started something like this with a JPEGImage class.

Any suggestions or implementations are welcomed.

Avi