[Seaside] Wafer weblog sample application

tblanchard at mac.com tblanchard at mac.com
Sat Aug 16 05:06:35 CEST 2003

I demo'd this last night and completely blew the attendees (about a
dozen) away.

I reckon I spent about 6 hours on the presentation bit (and probably 5
times that playing with various persistence mechanisms - the one I
demo'd used GLORP on PGSQL - the one I posted used SmartFileDictionary
- the GLORP one is simpler).

The user group leader said the java based ones took about a week and
the code was considerably more complex.  They were really amazed at the
simplicity of the code and the state management.  I also served some
images of a running Watch morph for kicks as well as showed the squeak
plugin (which I'd like to do a client server integration from seaside
for - just need a few more hours in the day).

You can download other examples
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wafer/examples/
I'd guess I've made a convert or two.  I'm going to refactor the thing
a bit, remove my wizzy variations with graphics and plugins, and use
more delegation - then submit it to the project.  I'll put the new
version up here for comments before I do that.