[Seaside] Wafer weblog sample application

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sun Aug 17 20:18:38 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 19:19, Avi Bryant wrote:
> The GLORP one is *simpler*?  That's fascinating.  Care to talk a bit about
> your experiences with GLORP?  I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

GLORP goes through great lengths to make itself invisible. Generally,
you just need:
a) transaction scoping;
b) some query to get a root object, or a #register: of a new object.
Given that, you can mostly forget about GLORP - it does all the proxy
and traversal magic to note all the changes you've made from queried or
newly registered objects.

(of course, this all has its drawbacks in terms of performance, but
personally I think that with current database speeds, that's only an
issue for a minority of all web apps)