[Seaside] How to startup 3b5?

Glenn Swanlund gtsab at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 19 20:18:27 CEST 2003

Glenn Swanlund wrote:

> I just downloaded KomHttpServer-6.1 into a fresh image. I followed
> the instructions to startup 3b5, but no luck. Can anyone let me know
> how to get to 'config'?
>
> Regards,
> Glenn

First, what version of Squeak did you load it into?  KomHttpServer-6.1
(and 5.1.1) only works on 3.5 at the moment.

- Stephen

I'm running 3.5 (on NT). I installed KomHttpServer-6.1 from Squeak Map which included Seaside. The Seaside startup instructions were given as:

 | ma seaside |
 seaside := WAKom new.
 ma := ModuleAssembly core.
 ma serverRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
 ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside process: request]].
 ma documentRoot: FileDirectory default fullName.
 ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
 ma serveFiles.
 (HttpService startOn: 8080 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

WAKom sees the request but doesn't process it - the browser issues 'The page cannot be displayed'.

I tried http://localhost:8080 and Comanche serves up a page. I tried http://localhost:8080/seaside and the message above appears. I then tried different combinations with 'config' - no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Glenn