[Seaside] Which db with Seaside?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Aug 25 14:04:11 CEST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 22:41, Avi Bryant wrote:
> > I think you'll find that particular feature is rare; offhand, I can't
> > think of any database systems for Squeak that support it.
> >
> It's a valid concern, though. Any patterns around to deal with
> transactions around requests?
>
> (I know we discussed this a while ago. But I always forget the outcome
> of such discussions if I don't apply it immediately :-))

I think what you decided was that it was best to have one transaction per
request - which is easy, just wrap the Session's request handling method
with a transaction block.  But I forget the exact rationale.

Can someone throw out some, um, "user stories" we can use to discuss this?
What kinds of transactional scenarios are people interested in handling?

Avi