[Seaside] Which db with Seaside?

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Tue Aug 26 22:37:48 CEST 2003

On Domenica, ago 24, 2003, at 22:41 Europe/Rome, Avi Bryant wrote:

> [...]
> I think you'll find that particular feature is rare; offhand, I can't
> think of any database systems for Squeak that support it.
>
> I would recommend OmniBase over Magma, however - it's had more time to
> prove its stability.
I also feel Magma a bit unstable.

The free version of Omnibase seems hard to be userful (no GC!).
What about Minnestore? I know it well (I have done the port to VW 3.0)
but I think magma is faster.

> You might also look at PostgreSQL with either GLORP (for high level
> o/r mapping) or Roe (for lower level control).

So GLORP is a good solution?!
Thank you a lot!
--
Plus I remember being impressed with Ada because
you could write an infinite loop without a faked up condition.  The idea