[Seaside] Re: Static sites and spider handling

cg at cdegroot.com cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Aug 26 22:37:52 CEST 2003

Colin Putney  <seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>As a result, the bots absolutely *hate* two-faced web sites, and
>will penalize them in the rankings accordingly.

Same question as Avi's - I wonder how they find out.

>I figure this will be a difficult project, particularly since the
>search engines are in an arms race with the spamdexers, and the rules
>change constantly. Luckily the optimization community obsesses about
>this stuff, and so the information you need to do it effectively is out
>there, if you can find it.

And luckily we've got better tools than them :-).

This totally useless answer was brought to you through gmane, where this
list now is up and running as well (hurray! I can read this list with
trn!).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo