[Seaside] What is the reason for a page to expire?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Aug 30 12:05:57 CEST 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Markus Fritsche wrote:

> Hmm, I've change the paths of the applications from /seaside to
> /~mfritsche/echo.php and the basepath by hand - I should start with a
> fresh image :-)

Ok, I'm sure this is where the problem lies.  If you're getting to "page
expired", then it must be finding the session ok, but the last segment
(the action key) of the URL must be wrong.  Try tracing through
Session>>handleRequest: (I think that's the right method) and see what
happens.

Feel free to send me the code if you want and I'll try to take a look at
it.

> The thing is an experiment; I want to start a minimal image, let it run,
> and then it shut down after two minutes of inactivity.

That's an interesting approach.  Do you save the image when you shut it
down, I guess?  Does the PHP script start the image up for you if needed?