[Seaside] Seaside serving static contents

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Aug 30 12:10:43 CEST 2003

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> For example I'd like to serve static html documentation and so on.
> I do not want to install another http server.
> I have tryed the KomHttpServer-6.1 but i get some errors when I use it.

What are the problems you're having with Kom 6.1?
I've had success using Comanche 5 to serve static content alongside
Seaside.  You have to use the ChieftainModule to attach both a WAKom
module and a file serving module (forget the class name) to the same port
on different paths.
It wouldn't be very hard to do it within the context of Seaside, either -
there will probably be at least a simple demo of this in the next
snapshot.

By the way, for those that are interested in staying bleeding edge, I've
started dropping .mcz snapshots into http://beta4.com/mc/seaside .  I
don't know if this URL will stick around for very long but for now, that's
where they are.