[Seaside] GOODS on XP

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Dec 6 08:45:14 CET 2003

On Dec 5, 2003, at 11:25 PM, Glenn Swanlund wrote:

> I'm running XP Pro and trying to get Seaside (84) running with GOODS,
> but so far no luck. I installed MCInstaller and KomHttpServer-6.2 in a
> fresh version Squeak 3.6.
>
> When I try to load goods-2.72.tar.gz, I get an error "can't find EOCD
> position".
>
> When I try to load GOODS-avi.43.mcz.zip I get an error "At least one
> digit expected here" (MczInstaller>>extractInfoFrom:).
>
> Avi, can you offer some help?

Well, goods-2.72.tar.gz isn't meant to be loaded in Squeak - it's a
tarball of C++ source.  Someone did post prebuilt windows binaries,
check the squeak-dev list archives.  Otherwise, it builds pretty easily
with mingw32.

It's odd to me that the GOODS file is ".mcz.zip" - it should just be
.mcz.  What happens if you install it straight from SqueakMap?

Once you have things installed, make sure you have the latest windows
VM - I think 3.6.2.  There's a bug in older versions that GOODS
triggers.

Avi