[Seaside] Seaside and other language than english

Ian Prince ian at inextenso.com
Mon Dec 8 12:12:18 CET 2003

On 7 Dec 2003, at 21:12, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2003, at 8:42 AM, raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:
>
>> I have a big question for now....Is it possible to use Seaside in a
>> langage other than english. If
>> I must do a Web site in say...french... how is it possible to do it.
>
> What doesn't work right now?  Is it that the accents you put in the
> Squeak code don't show up correctly on the web?  If you use
> WAHtmlRenderer>>encodeText: instead of #text:, they should work.
> There may want to be a mode where you can ask HtmlRenderer to always
> use #encodeText: by default, but that would be easy.

Wouldn't that be WAHtmlBuilder>>encodeText: instead of
WAHtmlRenderer:encodeText?

The Smallblog Seaside application doesn't seem to be using encodeText:
at all but French accents display correctly (at least in my Western
European setup) as entries seem to be displayed as entered (i.e with
8859-1 encoding in my browser setup).

Ian.