[Seaside] Seaside and other language than english

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Dec 11 22:45:03 CET 2003

This is the problem with changing #text: to do encoding by default.
I've argued for quite some time that #text: needs to do encoding and
that we need #rawText: or #html: or #markup: that you can use in the
rare cases where you don't want the encoding.  #encodeText: is just far
too long and obscure sounding for the default interface.  The problem,
as you've discovered is backwards compatibility - all kinds of code
already outputs entities and html tags using the #text: method.

Incidentally, non breaking spaces are also useful in titles and are
essential when displaying empty table cells, otherwise most browsers
won't display the borders and backgrounds you've given the table (yay
browsers!!).

Julian