[Seaside] RSS and Seaside

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Dec 24 19:23:03 CET 2003

Cees de Groot wrote:

>I am using BottomFeeder since a couple of weeks now, and I don't want to
>go back. In around a minute, I can scan the updates of a dozen sites;
>try that with a browser. I love RSS, and installing BottomFeeder is
>really worth a try.

Yes, but that means you don't visit those sites as often, now.  So, for
an ecommerce site, is that a good thing (from the perspective of the site)?

Of course, at least the RSS aggregator (ala BottomFeeder) has the user
visiting at least a portion of the site on a regular basis (they "visit"
the RSS feed), and I suppose there are some users where without that,
they wouldn't "visit" the site at all.  But is that the norm?  What
about "most" users (if there is such a thing)?  Would an RSS feed mean
they would visit the site more?  or less?

I suppose the answer depends a bit on the target marget for the
ecommerce site.  But, for Bountiful Baby, I'm starting to have real
reservations on whether it would be worth the trouble.  But I'm *very*
curious about thoughts that others might have, and I appreciate Cees'
comment.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt