[Seaside] RSS and Seaside

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Wed Dec 24 20:32:29 CET 2003

Jim Benson wrote:

> Nevin,
>
> There are a couple of points here. First, the RSS movement is real ;
> ignore it at your own peril.

Yea, I've been feeling that for awhile now.  But, in general, our
customers are not very computer sauvy.  I'd bet fewer than 5% have even
heard of "RSS", and I'd bet fewer than 1% use RSS regularly.  With a bit
of judicious education, via our mailing list, as well as directly on the
site, I'm sure I could bring that percentage up significantly.  But I'm
still wondering why I should bother right now.

But on the other hand, I think you are absolutely right, that the RSS
movement is real.  But I don't think it is quite mainstream yet, let
alone something our average "Bountiful Baby" customer knows about.

So, yes, I've about talked myself out of doing an RSS feed since I first
posted to this thread.  At least, for now.  But I think eventually it
will be pretty much mandatory for most websites.

But I still find the topic interesting, and appreciate each and every
thought and comment on it, especially in conjunction with Seaside.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby