[Seaside] RSS and Seaside

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Dec 26 13:58:06 CET 2003

Cees de Groot wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 20:52, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>

>>Could an RSS feed potentially be a solution for Seaside's unfriendliness towards spiders?
>>

>Janus is my shot at a solution. It seems to works fine, my Seaside site
>has shot up in traffic and search engine presence over the last months
>(from basically nothing to currently 160 visitors/day).

I still can't help but wonder if a simple solution isn't just staring us
in the face:

Why not use the bot detection code of Janus, but then just not let the
session expire for the session(s) where a bot was detected?  And
otherwise forget static page caches and all these other assorted
"dual-faced" schemes.

I've seen the Google-bot follow the strange Seaside links, and even
index them.  What it doesn't seem to like, though, is that on it's next
visit, the old links no longer work.  So, if the session(s) that the
bots used never expired, wouldn't that solve the problem?

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby