[Seaside] Seaside 2.2

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Sun Feb 2 07:48:38 CET 2003

tblanchard at mac.com wrote:

> On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 02:57  AM, Derek Brans wrote:
>
>> Hi Avi,
>> In particular, I would like to know more about changes to state
>> handing and how it affects applications.
>

> While you're at it, could you elaborate on how seaside state management
> interacts with persistent object state management?
>
> For instance, 2 pages back, the user was working on an object to create
> that he can only create once...now he's saved it, so going back two
> pages to muck around isn't good.  Its just an example but I think you
> know what I mean - how to keep seaside state and db state in harmony.

In that case you would want to put those pages inside an #isolate: call.
  Once the the code inside the isolated block completes, all those pages
are expired.  This would allow you to go back and change stuff until the
object is created.

Of course there are lots of other potential issues in terms of keeping
state up to date in both directions, but that is the crux of making it
possible.

Does that help or did you already know that? ;)

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)